The needle book measures 9cm x 10cm wide (3 1/2” x 4”).
* LEVEL 1*
The MOTHER HEN Needle Book is an ideal first project if you have no prior experience with raised embroidery.
MOTHER HEN is embroidered onto light olive green print cotton fabric with stranded silk threads, using mostly common embroidery stitches. Layers of felt are used to create the hen’s plump body, and her head and wing are embroidered separately before being attached to the main embroidery. Needle-woven picots form the petals of the large flower bud
I do recommend that you have a bit of experience with general embroidery stitches and are comfortable stitching with fine threads.
The detailed instructions and diagrams will help guide you step by step through the project.
IN THIS KIT YOU WILL FIND:
* INSTRUCTION BOOKLET with detailed, step-by-step instructions and diagrams
* Full size patterns & templates for the detached elements
* Light olive green print cotton with the design marked, ready to stitch
* Quilter's muslin backing fabric
* Cotton homespun
* Wool felt
* 14 stranded silk threads
* 3 stranded cotton threads
* Glass seed beads
* 5 needles
* Beading wire
* Press stud
YOU WILL ALSO NEED: (not included in the kit)
* 15cm (6") embroidery hoop, inner ring bound
* 10cm (4") embroidery hoop, inner ring bound
* Light coloured sewing thread
* Light olive green sewing thread
* Sharp, Fine embroidery scissors
* Sharp HB pencil (a mechanical pencil is perfect)
* Baking (or tracing) paper
* Glue stick & Tacky glue
Highly recommended, but not essential:
* Curved, Blunt Tip embroidery scissors
* Hoop stand, weight or small clamp (To hold your hoop, allowing you both hands free)
This kit is for personal use only. Your purchase does not transfer copyright and is an agreement that you will not forward, duplicate or sell the instructions, designs or finished items.
Thank you for understanding and respecting my hard work. ~ Anna
We sell the full range of Appleton's 2 ply crewel wool. The colour selection can...
Japanese made Clover needles